Monday, 18 July 2011

Early Saints on Communion and the Real Presence

I wonder if some kind souls (I know you exist!) out there in cyberspace could help me in some research I am doing.

I am after quotes from early Saints, say up to the Sixth Century, but the earlier the better, on Communion, the Real Presence, Transubstantiation, basically the need for Christians to receive the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Our lord Jesus Christ at the Altar of God.

I know Christ Himself says that we must eat His Flesh, but is there an ongoing reference of this from other sources in the early church?

Thanks for your help.

2 comments:

  1. Some Patrology books have excellent extracts from the early Fathers on those subjects, particularly St. Ignatius of Antioch - if my memory serves me right! 73 now and a long time since i studied Patrology. Best wishes with your project

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site may be of help Gareth - www.therealpresence.org

    ReplyDelete