Friday, 12 August 2011

Prince or Pauper: the King of Creation is Yours

I found this image online and it immediately made me think "this is what it is all about."

Sorry to sound like a football pundit, but this image encompasses what Catholicism is for me.

  • Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.
  • The Faithful kneel in reverence to the King of all Creation.
  • All mankind is called, prince and pauper, to receive Our Lord.
  • The Mass as the centre of Catholic life and Communion at the centre of the Mass.
  • A great mystery of Christian theology and history, something so sublime and beautiful.
  • Yet even the "worst offender" can Confess sincerely and receive Our Lord.
  • Christ the King is available, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity, to the most lowly.
I hope all that doesn't sound trite, I certainly don't want it to. Just sometimes an image like this, in all its simplicity, can reveal great truths.

2 comments: