Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Stephen Fry and the Creator of Mankind

Asimo robot on QI with Stephen Fry
I was listening to an episode of QI today, when Stephen Fry ("bless") gushed over the achievements of the computerised robot, Asimo.

Fry, a rabid atheist who seems to think that science is above God (because God doesn't exist of course), was close to tears in his lavish praise for the team who created Asimo. The great achievement of Asimo is that it can understand a few dozen greetings and instructions, that it can walk down steps, it can run and it can dance.

Funnily enough, as a (far from perfect) human being, I can do all those things and more. Even on a bad day (and it is a bad day if I'm dancing!) Yet I do not hear the secular saint Fry lavishing praise on my Creator. Nor even on the Creator of the creators of Asimo!

Isn't human pride a terrible thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment