Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Famous Welsh Catholics #4: Dylan Parry

It's official, the fantastic Welsh Catholic Blogger Dylan Parry has been listed in the Top 10 of the most amazing Catholics of 2011, according to Mary O'Regan in the Catholic Herald.

As the author of A Reluctant Sinner he has long been a point of reference for me, not only for my own petty preferences (he is Catholic and Welsh after all) but because his articles have all the profundity, history, current affairs and Catholic orthodoxy that I aspire to but rarely if ever achieve.

When A Reluctant Sinner pronounces on an event, I take it to heart, because his whole raison d'etre is not only to defend Holy Mother Church and her traditions, but to deepen the Faith of Catholics and to lift our spirits whilst 'fighting the good fight' in these difficult times.

So bravo to Dylan. That a Welshman should feature so highly in a list of inspirational Catholics can only bring joy to all of us who are Welsh, wherever we live, and to the fellow members of the Church Militant who live in Wales.

Llongyfarchiadau. Dal ati! Daliwch ati!


(Tip of my stovepipe hat to Linen on the Hedgerow).

4 comments:

  1. Diolch yn fawr, Gareth...

    Ti'n rhy garedig!

    Thank you so much for your kind words, which I feel I don't deserve at all.

    Pob bendith i ti yn dy waith pwysig a Christnogol yma, hefyd!

    Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Credit where it is due. No more no less! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that South and North Walians could not communicate with each other.

    What is going on?
    Just remember that I am part of an ethnic community here!
    Thanks for the link Gareth, or should I say Diolch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think of all the 'rights' you can claim! ;-)

    But you write so well, and do so much good, I am sure Dylan would agree on giving you temporary guest-worker status (to be reviewed annually).

    Chuckle chuckle. (I add that in case any Guardian readers are looking in and I get accused of wotnot).

    Join in now: "Sospan Fach..."

    ReplyDelete