Sunday, 12 February 2012

First They Came for the B&B Owners...

In an age when a Christian (albeit Anglican/Presbyterian) Monarch passes "laws" on abortion, homosexuality and marriage which run contrary to the law (and undermine her coronation oath), something the Pope has condemned as moral relativism,we should remember this (from St Augustine) and wear it as our badge for the new Pilgrimage of Grace.

As Catholics I believe we need a huge debate on what we can do to rectify the situation wherein the law-of-the-land, in crucial areas is contrary to objective Truth, especially when councils are being banned from having official prayers and B&B owners are being fined for stopping sodomites from having a double bedroom.

The words of the German Lutheran pastor Niemoller spring to mind.

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Interestingly, according to his page on Wikipedia, he was initially a supporter of Hitler and on meeting him, as a protestant representative, in 1932 as he said after WW2: "Hitler promised me on his word of honor, to protect the Church, and not to issue any anti-Church laws." 


It makes me wonder how much longer the laws meant to "protect" abortionists, homosexuals etc. are turned against the Church. In my humble view this has already started, with active/practising Catholics now stopped from adopting children out (via Catholic adoption agencies) and from running any business which may make them complicit in promoting/allowing homosexual activity.


One thing is sure, we need strong, powerful and unapologetic Catholic leaders such as the wonderful Scottish Cardinal, Thomas Winning who led from the front, was a strong voice for the rights of the family, the poor and the unborn, and would not be silenced by the pc lobby.






Image from: St Peter's List

3 comments:

  1. Gareth, good post, many thanks.

    Also, I've tagged you on a meme (or, as we say in Welsh a "memeo")

    ReplyDelete
  2. A meme? Is that a French unmarried lady?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know not the origins of the word, this blogging lark requires a new means of communication. Good providence on the 25th - may the worst team win!

    ReplyDelete